Thursday, December 31, 2009

Am I A Minister?

Yesterday I was asked a question that I wasn't quite sure how to answer. As you may know I post daily on facebook and many people have commented on my posts. Yesterday I was asked if I was a minister. My first reaction ofcourse is to say no. I mean I go to work everyday at the dealership and I earn my paycheck for being a sales manager. I have never been to any kind of formal bible school or seminary. But even with that being said, I kind of feel like we should all be ministers. My love for Jesus is absolutely a consuming love. He is truly the lord of my life and in many ways I feel like I am a minister for Him! The word tells us that we should live our life in a way that we may be mistaken for Jesus. If we do this, shouldn't we all be ministers? I am not writing this to say that anyone else should change what they do or that we should all become pastors or preachers, I am just thinking that we should all be mistaken for them! I often think about a question that my Father-in-law asked me one time. He said,"If Pastor Tim was riding with you everyday in the car and sitting next to you all day, would you still do the same things or would you change your behavior?" Ofcourse I answered with "Yes I would change my behavior!". The he said something that I didn't quite grasp until the last year, he said "Well Jesus is there all the time, and I am pretty sure He is more important that Pastor Tim!". At the time I sort of blew the statement off and thought that he was just being a little dramatic. But in the last year more than ever, I have realized that Jesus really is here all the time with me. I am not saying that I live my life perfectly, but I definitely think about what He might say when He sees my actions. So in closing I guess I am saying that I kind of think if someone asks me if I am a minister in the future, I will answer with something like, "Not as a paying job, but I am a representative of Christ!"
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Chad, I agree! We should live as He lived and walk as He walked as it says in I John 2:6. We are a living testimony. I am so glad that His wonderful love has touched you and surrounds you. He gently draws His own to Himself.

    ReplyDelete