Monday, January 4, 2010

Discipline Feels Good

I can't believe I just wrote that title, but it is true! I have never been one to follow much in the way of discipline, but I actually look forward to it more than ever. I think that we all look at discipline as something negative or mean and it is actually something that comes from love. Think about it! We love our children and want them to learn the best ways to do things so we correct them. Of course this idea is not from our own minds but from God. Everyone has heard the verse in Proverbs about "sparing the rod and spoiling the child". So anyways, back to my original thought. As I have made the decision to make some changes in my life over the last year I have discovered that I enjoy the fruits of discipline way more than the fruits of having none. I started to make some things a priority in my life like spending time daily in the word and sharing with others what I learn. I have gained so much encouragement and joy from this. At the end of the year I underwent gastric bypass surgery and all I can say is WOW! I never realized the changes that would take place after. It is not as easy as it sounded. I have not been able to eat what I want and just be lazy as I want. I have had to change not only the amount of food I eat but also the types of food. But now that I have made those changes I actually like them. So I encourage everyone to look past the pain of discipline to the other side of it. That is where "Discipline Feels Good"!

No comments:

Post a Comment